Thursday, February 7, 2013

Too Stuffy For Me....Part 5 ~ Chair Make Over!


My living room/dining room... soon to be game room and craft/sewing rooms are still a work in progress. A few weeks ago we tackled the chairs to set around our new chevron table.


Here's what we did...

Before and After!



We found this set of 4 chairs on Craigslist for $40 total.  


We removed the seat and ran my husband's hand sander over the entire thing to remove all of the shiny finish.


Next we primed them with some spray primer.


After the primer was dry we sprayed the chairs with this popppy turquoise. Which I totally love!


I bought a curtain panel at Target for $20 to use as my fabric for the seat cushions.  I really loved this fabric! And since I was already at Target and didn't want to make a trip to JoAnn's I figured I'd just go with it. After all it is the right weight and I had enough to cover all 4 chairs PLUS add it to the bottom of my curtains to tie everything together.  Win...win!


Ta-dah!  Here is the finished table and chairs!  
And notice the "built in" in the background?  I still need to blog it but....it's actually a "faux" built in!  It's made from Ikea cabinets and bookshelves that we trimmed out!  Awesome, right?!?!  I seriously need to blog that one of these days.


If you look closely you can see the curtains I was talking about.  They are actually made out of 1 curtain panel that I cut in half.  I simply stitched up the raw edge where I cut it and added the black and white chair fabric to the bottom to make them longer!  Easy!  And I love how they go together but don't match.



Here is a shot of the room (before I made the LOVE sign).  I still need to accessorize the bookshelf but for now I am happy with the room!  So we ended up spending $40 on the chairs, $20 on the seat fabric (and were able to get curtains too), and about $25 on spray paint.  That's just over $21 per chair...not too bad, right?

For more on this room design, check out these posts!
Painted Stripes
LOVE Sign
Photo Wall
Chevron Table & Chairs

1 comment:

  1. How does the various products mentioned on the list compare, and which one can be said to be the best? Best Ergonomic Executive Office Chairs!

    ReplyDelete