Monday, April 9, 2012

It's a Jungle Out There!

My brother & sister-in-law threw an adorable safari themed party this weekend.  I know it wasn't my party, but it was so cute I had to share it here.  I have no idea what their budget was but I'm certain you can pick and choose some of their ideas to include at your own safari party.  

Here's a brief recap..
Upon arrival kids were able to choose an animal hat and bracelet (so it's already a hit in my kids' eyes).  My mom & I were recruited to paint animal faces on all of the kids.  Next, the kids went on an animal hunt and tried to spot beanie animals hidden in the bushes.  The grand finale was having a lizard man arrive with tons of creatures which the kids were able to hold!  They saw snakes, lizards, tortoises,  tarantulas, and a 40 pound Albino Python!  It was seriously fun!  They served lunch, cake, and opened presents.   Before leaving the kids were allowed to choose one of the hidden animals as a party favor (my kids were thrilled about that).  They also had the most amazing safari candy apples, that my friend Holly made.  You are going to flip when you see the them!  It was a really well thought out, exciting and fun party that my kids loved...and the adults had a great time too.  

I snapped a few shots on my phone...check them out.


This is the cake I made.  I thought it needed some sass for my niece so I added the turquoise.  Hot pink would have been cute too.



My little one let me make him a cheetah!  He didn't care that it wasn't perfect.


The kids wanted all kinds of animal faces; tigers, cheetahs, pandas, zebras, monkeys, butterflies, etc.  My mom and I just did the best we could and the kids totally loved it.


Here is my sweet little girl holding a sweet little tarantula.  She wants one as a pet now.


The kids were totally into the animals.  They weren't afraid at all.  They wanted to touch and hold everything!  


Meet Fluffy...a 40 pound Albino Python.  She was a big hit!


A baby Albino Python.


What a great experience for them!


Can you believe these apples?  Beautiful and delicious!  My favorite kind of favor!


Lucky for me I have 3 kids.  Which means I got to bring home 3 of these awesome apples. 


 I might share with the kids...haven't decided yet.



There were so many cute ideas at this party I had to share with you!  Birthday season is over at my house.  Going to a party like this really gets my creative juices flowing.  I almost wish I had another kid so I could do another party...

I said ALMOST! 

1 comment: